Kids, Adults With Disabilities Can Fear Less Thanks to SCOTUS
June 29, 2012 – 12:25 pm
ePolicyWorkds – Subject: This Week on Capitol Hill: Latest on Disability & Employment
July 4, 2012
Industry Group Keeps Wheelchair Users Out of Pools
Las Vegas TSG Business News
July 4, 2012
The Disappearance of Disability Technology is erasing the distinction between different levels of ability.
Autism Policy and Politics
What if I told you it was an accident?
Posted on March 15, 2012
50 Cent Autism Tweets: Holly Robinson Pete Writes Letter To Rapper In Response To Offensive Statements [UPDATED]
Posted: 07/05/2012 2:00 pm Updated: 07/09/2012 10:04 am
Home Care Workers
Published: July 8, 2012
The New York Times
O’Reilly as Paul Revere: The Disabled Are Coming
Posted on 07/06/2012 by Jim Naureckas
Roll on Capitol Hill: Disability Activists Demand Federal Health Care Policy Inclusion
Allen West: Social Security disability is ‘slavery’
Thoughts on Inspiration Porn, Disabilities and Teaching Acceptance
JULY 11, 2012 9:29PM
The Voice – Special Needs Alliance newsletter
July, 2012 – Vol 6, Issue 9
ePolicyWorks – This Week on Capitol Hill: Latest on Disability & Employment
ePolicy Works – This Week in the News – Latest on Disability & Employment
July 17, 2012
WEBINAR: Understanding Asset Building & Benefits for People with Disabilities
July 10 & July 17, 2012
2:00 – 3:30 PM EST
This series consists of two 90-minute installments and will give participants a basic understanding of many benefit programs offered by local, state and federal governments, many of which have applications and rules that change often and can be confusing. Sharon Brent, Director of Training & Technical Support at National Disability Institute will conduct the training sessions.
After participating in this series, you will have a better understanding of:
- Public benefits and differences of programs under Social Security – SSI & SSDI.
- The value and effect of how earned income (wages) and unearned income affect cash and medical benefits for both programs.
- Work Incentives and which benefit program they apply to, when to use them & the value they offer when applied.
- The difference between Medicaid & Medicare rules and the value when individuals earn income.
- Available information from the SSA website & other important web resources for updates and continuous learning.
Who should participate in this two-part series?
- SSI and/or SSDI beneficiaries who work or want to work
- Parents & family members of SSI & SSDI beneficiaries who work or want to work
- Direct service professionals who work with a SSI or SSDI beneficiary who earns or wants to earn income
- Vocational rehabilitation managers & staff serving people with disabilities who work or want to work
- School-to-work transition staff
- Anyone interested in learning more about public benefits and the interaction between benefits, employment and asset building
THIS IS A TWO-PART SERIES. Participants must attend both sessions – access to the July 17th session will be given only to those who attend the July 10th session. REGISTER NOW.
Register for this webinar by clicking on or copying and pasting the following link: https://ndi.webex.com/ndi/onstage/g.php?t=a&d=960250423
For accommodation requests, questions about the webinar or the registration process, please contact Katie Metz at email@example.com or 904-716-7936.